Weight loss has different meanings for people. For some, it is just an ornamental part of their journey; for others, it is necessary. Obesity is one of the greatest causes of concern in America. To ensure obesity can be controlled and monitored, weight loss surgery is the only way to help patients.
Losing weight can not only bring a few pounds down but also improve general health and overall well-being. Being overweight or obese increases the risk of health complications. It limits mobility and makes it difficult to get restful sleep at night. It also exacerbates certain mental health issues like depression and anxiety.
Using the BMI (Body Mass Index), experts detect whether you are an eligible candidate for the procedure. Based on that, experienced doctors and staff guide patients to choose an appropriate course of treatment for long-lasting weight loss.
Meet Dr. Scott Stowers
The pioneer of The Bariatric Experts, Dr. Scott Stowers, DO, FASMBS, is one of the most reputed and experienced bariatric surgeons in Texas. He has been performing laparoscopic and minimally invasive bariatric surgery for more than twenty years. Fellow of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and a board-certified surgeon. Dr. Scott Stowers is also the Medical Director of The Bariatric Experts, Denton, Texas.
He received his education from some of the most sought-after educational institutions. He completed undergraduate studies at the Southwestern Oklahoma State University. Further, he went to the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine to earn a medical degree. Dr. Stowers is a member of various professional organizations such as the Texas Association of Bariatric Surgeons, the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, the American Osteopathic Association, and the American College of Osteopathic Surgeons.
Dr. Stowers together with his team maintains a very disciplined and personalized approach in treating patients for weight loss. The surgeon meets his patients to determine the best weight loss treatment plan with proper education as well as support. He maintains a sensible bedside manner. With his consistent dedication to patients, he has helped many achieve their successful outcomes.
Dr. Stowers developed effective bariatric surgery programs, which include an experienced team of professionals for assistance. He believes that both education, as well as team support, are important for a successful result. His exclusive aftercare program facilitates patients with vital tools to meet their goals.
Bariatric Procedures At The Bariatric Experts
- Gastric Bypass: Gastric bypass is a minimally invasive weight loss procedure that involves both the small intestine and the stomach. In this method, the surgeon removes a large part of the stomach and leaves only a pouch. Then, a part of the small intestine is bypassed, which is the duodenum, and reattached to the pouch. Gastric bypass causes rapid weight loss by limiting food intake and malabsorption of nutrients.
- Gastric Sleeve: Gastric sleeve weight loss procedure is a restrictive surgery that keeps the stomach function intact. This is a minimally invasive technique with less scarring and minimum recovery time. In this surgery, 80% of the stomach is removed to create a banana-shaped stomach.
- LAP-BAND Removal: LAP-BAND or gastric band removal surgery removes the band from the body. The procedure is done after a gastric band surgery was done, but has caused some problems to the patient. The band may be tightened by adding saline. A gastric band is likely to cause problems. Discuss options with the surgeon.
- Robotic Surgery: Robotic surgery for weight loss is relatively new. This minimally invasive surgery uses da Vinci Surgical System Xi. A robotically assisted gastric sleeve is an advanced procedure that allows doctors to operate with few tiny incisions, enhanced precision, better vision, and control. This groundbreaking technology offers an alternative to open surgery or conventional laparoscopy. A significantly painless procedure causes minimum discomfort and blood loss. It also ensures speedy recovery.
- Revisional Surgery: Revisional surgery is needed when an original weight loss surgery develops some complications or fails to provide results despite adhering to the lifestyle and dietary changes post-surgery. Some common complications include band erosion, food regurgitation, band slippage, GERD, esophageal irritation or inflammation, trouble swallowing, infection, and no significant weight loss.
For any weight loss-related query or complication, engage in a conversation with the knowledgeable consultants at The Bariatric Experts.
The Bariatric Experts – Your Route to Comprehensive Weight Loss offers price transparency to offer the price for the gastric sleeve at $2,456, and the gastric bypass at $3,229.20. If you want to learn more about their price click here. Upon reading further this look
5575 Warren Parkway Professional Building 1, Suite 304, Frisco, TX 75034
3537 South Interstate 35E Suite 220, Denton, TX 76210
6200 Regional Plaza Suite 1600, Abilene, TX 79606