Sasse Surgical Center is one of the premier weight loss operation facilities in Nevada. Today, bariatric surgery is not just limited to bypass surgery and gastric sleeve surgery; many advanced procedures have evolved over the years. However, there is no such thing as one-size-fits-all.
At this facility, expert bariatric surgeons provide a guided and personalized approach to patients and help them overcome their apprehensions. A widespread library of additional resources helps people to make informed and educated decisions related to bariatric surgery.
With a BMI and RMR calculator, patients can learn about their potential health conditions and check their eligibility for the surgery. Patients can either take a quiz, watch an online webinar, or request an appointment with Dr. Kent C. Sasse.
While there are non-surgical options to lose weight, such as medically supervised treatments, surgery is the only option for patients who did not achieve good results.
Meet The Team
Kent Sasse, MD: Native to Wisconsin, Dr. Kent Sasse belongs to a humble background. Very early in life, he developed an interest in multiple subjects, but science and math were his favorites. He drew to Medicine and pursued his career in medical sciences from a very young age.
Dr. Sasse went to the University of California San Diego. He majored in his favorite subject Biochemistry. He is a cum laude graduate. He was also a volunteer at the Veterans Hospital and he liked teaching.
Dr. Sasse also went to the University of Madrid to study art history. He spoke fluent Spanish and learned the language quickly. He also earned two distinguished Master’s Degrees from the University of California Berkeley, which includes a degree in Master’s Public Health to bioethics, and biostatistics. He completed a residency in surgery at the University of California San Francisco, with his focus mainly on gastrointestinal surgery as well as physiology.
Subsequently, he focused on minimally invasive surgery and was drawn to minimally invasive procedures because of technological involvement. Dr. Sasse was immediately recognized as a top bariatric surgeon who understood the value of the procedures for patients and the difference it made to their lives.
In his medical school, he faced some invaluable challenges, which made him more resilient. He was the topper of his class. He did many volunteering services. He completed Fellowship Training at the Lahey Clinic, Boston, Massachusetts. Today, he is the serving director of the Obesity Prevention Foundation and an award-winning author of five books involving weight loss procedures and type II diabetes.
- Amy Gardner: Amy is the Physician Assistant at Sasse Surgical. Native to Virginia, Amy is a graduate in science. Immediately after her graduation, she pursued her career in medicine and worked as a Nursing Assistant at the University Of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville. She also attended Northern Arizona University and volunteered in the ICU. She also obtained a Master’s in Physician Assistant Studies from James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA. Today, she is a trained physician assistant at the Sasse Surgical Center.
- Jared Brant: Jared is native to Reno. He went to Galena Highs School. He was enlisted in Air Force. In off-duty time, he took an undergraduate college course at the University of Nevada, Reno. He joined the Interservice Physician Assistant Program at the Ft Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas. He received a Master’s degree in Physician Assistant Studies at the University of Nebraska. He joined Dr. Sasse in 2009. Since then, he is caring for obese patients, counseling, and all other surgical, as well as non-surgical patient, needs.
- Deacon Schoenberger: Dr. Deacon went to the clinical psychology doctoral program at the University of Nevada, Reno. He completed his Ph.D. emphasizing cognitive-behavioral treatments for addictions and anxiety disorders. He also earned a pre-doctoral internship at the Portland VA Medical Center where he received his specialized training in behavioral medicine, psychological assessment, eating disorder treatment, chronic disease management, and health psychology. He also completed his post-doctoral training in adolescent psychology and behavioral pediatrics. He is a Nevada Licensed Psychologist.
- Sleeve Gastrectomy (laparoscopic)
- Duodenal Switch (SADI or DS) (laparoscopic)
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass(laparoscopic)
- LAP-BAND Surgery
- Mini Gastric Bypass
- Revisional Surgery for weight loss
If you want to undergo a bariatric procedure, but you are unsure and apprehensive, reach out to experts at Sasse Surgical Center.
Sasse Surgical: Nevada’s Premier Minimally Invasive Weight Loss Solutions offers price transparency to offer the price for the gastric sleeve at $2,456, and the gastric bypass at $3,229.20. If you want to learn more about their price click here. Upon reading further this look
75 Pringle Way
Reno, NV 89502