After trying all other ways to lose weight, people resort to bariatric surgery for a reason. Primarily, when other methods like dieting, exercising, medication, and different diet trends fail to deliver results, bariatric surgery may be the only hope of living the life you want.
LI Obesity Surgery is one of the finest facilities that provide multidisciplinary treatments for obesity. Bariatric surgery is just one of the many ways to lose weight and keep it off for good. It is a safe, effective, and long-lasting solution for weight loss.
Founded by Dr. David Buchin, the facility offers state-of-the-art infrastructure, the latest equipment, advanced technology, and a compassionate team that works relentlessly to deliver ultimate satisfaction to patients. In addition, Dr. Andrew Godwin is also a board-certified general surgeon who handles other laparoscopic procedures.
Considering that bariatric surgery is an advanced procedure, the team at LI Obesity Surgery is highly proficient in handling these cases.
About Dr. David Buchin
Dr. David Buchin is the pioneer of the LI Obesity Surgery facility. He heads Huntington Hospital’s bariatric program, as the Director of Bariatric Surgery. He is the sole MBSAQIP verified surgeon placed at the hospital.
Dr. David Buchin completed his medical degree from the New York Medical College. He attended a surgical residency program at the North Shore LIJ Health System and completed the top fellowship of Minimally Invasive Surgery and Bariatric Surgery in the nation, at the Westchester Medical Center.
An experienced bariatric surgeon, Dr. David Buchin has performed more than five thousand advanced bariatric procedures. In Long Island, Dr. David Buchin is the first bariatric surgeon to perform a laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy and argon plasma coagulation of the gastrojejunal anastomosis performed after a gastric bypass and in case of weight regain. Dr. David Buchin is also the foremost surgeon in New York who performed the Overstitch of revision surgery for weight loss.
Dr. David Buchin is a state licensed surgeon in New York His credentials include:
- American Board of Surgery certified surgeon
- Fellow of American College of Surgeons
- Associated with Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- Member of New York Medical College Surgical Society
- Certified in both Lap-Band and Realize Band Surgery
- Complete a course in New York Institute for Minimally Invasive Surgery Sleeve Gastrectomy
Dr. Andrew Godwin
Dr. Andrew Godwin is also a specialist in bariatric surgery and a board-certified general surgeon. He became a part of the Long Island Obesity Surgery after completing the residency training at the leading healthcare system of New York, Northwell Health. Subsequently, he completed his fellowship program in Bariatric, Minimally Invasive, and Advanced GI surgeries at the Lenox Hill Hospital, New York.
He is also a member of the ASMBS (American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery) and SAGES (Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons). He is much ahead of his time in all the aspects of both General and Bariatric Surgery. He is trained as well as certified to perform da Vinci surgical systems, which enables him to carry out complicated procedures using minimally invasive techniques.
Team and Staff
The team of LI Obesity Surgery comprises experienced healthcare administrators, dietitians, and coordinators.
- Helene Buchin, Director
- Erin Biel MS PA-C, Physician Assistant & Bariatric Coordinator
- Patricia Balducci-Espiritu RD, Registered Dietician
- Lacey Crawford, Clinical Medical Assistant, Patient Coordinator
- Danielle Shapiro, Medical Secretary
- Sara Levine, Administrative Assistant
At Long Island Obesity Surgery, all the advanced bariatric procedures are performed by expert surgeons and teams. Procedures conducted at the LI Obesity Surgery include:
- Gastric Bypass: Gold Standard bariatric surgery in which the stomach would be divided to create a smaller pouch that keeps you fuller for long
- Gastric Sleeve: This procedure is designed to keep you fuller for long by removing a part of the stomach to eliminate the craving for food
- Revision Surgery: A procedure following previous bariatric surgery that failed to produce results
- Gastric Band: Also called LAP-BAND, the procedure involves placing a hollow type of band around the patient’s stomach, which acts like a belt, to restrict food consumption
- Gastric Pacemaker: Placing a device, which stimulates the stomach muscles and nerves electronically and promotes the normal gastric function
- General Surgery: All traditional general procedures like appendectomy, hernia repair, surgery for acid reflux, etc.
For any advanced procedure in New York City, consider LI Obesity Surgery for a stress-free procedure and care.
LI Obesity Surgery: Experience A Renewed Life With Bariatric Surgery offers price transparency to offer the price for the gastric sleeve at $2,456, and the gastric bypass at $3,229.20. If you want to learn more about their price click here. Upon reading further this look
224 Wall St Suite #101 Huntington, NY 11743