Weight loss procedures are proven to reduce weight and improve overall health. Patients with severe obesity and comorbidities can safely undergo bariatric surgery. It can not only improve short-term health complications but also benefit long-term outcomes.
Minimally invasive bariatric procedures can correct serious health problems and reverse their condition. The Dallas Bariatric Center focuses on personalized treatment and care for patients. It helps patients meet their weight loss goals while radically improving their health.
Besides weight loss, patients can expect the following long-term health benefits:
- Long-term Type II Diabetes Remission: Studies show that bariatric surgery can lead to long-term remission of type II diabetes. It is a highly effective treatment for obese individuals, which allows them to remain insulin-free and aides post-surgery medications.
- Better Cardiovascular Health: Weight loss reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases in patients. It also reduced the risks of peripheral heart diseases and stroke.
- Reduce Sleep Apnea: Sleep apnea is a very common problem with obese patients. Weight loss surgery can offer respite from sleep apnea.
- Pain Relief: Carrying excess weight puts tremendous pressure on the weight-bearing joints of the body to cause joint damage and pain. Sustained loss of weight after a bariatric procedure reduces the pressure on joints and increases mobility. It also allows patients to stop medications.
- Reduces or Improves Other Medical Complications: Weight loss procedure can alleviate various other medical conditions like metabolic syndrome, gallbladder disease, pregnancy complications, and hypertension.
Meet Dr. Nirmal Jayaseelan, MD, PA
Dr. Nirmal Jayaseelan is popularly called Dr. Jay. He belongs to Lubbock, Texas. He received a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering at Texas Tech University. After a brief career experience as a systems engineer, Dr. Jay went to the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center to complete medical school. He obtained Honors in Surgical Research for his research on shock under Dr. Tom Shires.
Dr. Jay also completed the General Surgery Residency program at the Oregon Health Sciences University. Dr. Don Trunkey – the world-famous trauma surgeon, Dr. John Porter – editor of Yearbook of Vascular Surgery, Dr. Lee Swanstrom – President of SAGES laparoscopic society trained Dr. Jay.
Dr. Jay is a board-certified bariatric surgeon by the American Board of Surgery. He completed a fellowship at the American College of Surgeons. He is a member of the Dallas County Medical Society and Texas Medical Association, and American Society of Bariatric Surgeons.
Today, Dr. Jay is one of the finest and best-experienced bariatric surgeons in the country. He has completed over 8,000-weight loss procedures. His practice involves resources to care for patients with complications. He readily accepts complicated bariatric consultations from different parts of the world, which includes Mexico, Barbados, and Nigeria. He has an established bariatric practice. He was also voted the Best Bariatric Surgeon – Dallas, several times, in the D Magazine.
Considering that laparoscopic surgery is an intricate procedure, it requires experienced hands and skills to minimize risks and deliver promising results. Dr. Jay has the lowest perioperative mortality rate in over 3500 non-revisional procedures. He operated on patients of all age groups, from 11 to 80, weighing over 750 pounds.
Dr. Jay is proficient in Gastric Balloon Surgery. It is a non-invasive procedure to establish a connection between diet, workout, and weight loss surgery. His patients benefit from follow-up visits and support groups. Follow-up is a key to successful bariatric surgery.
He is also proud of his team of excellent, experienced staff who ensure that patients receive individualized and compassionate care. He maintains a multidisciplinary approach of psychologists, nutritionists, and former patients.
Bariatric Procedures at Dallas Bariatric Center
- Sleeve Gastrectomy: A typically restrictive procedure, sleeve gastrectomy is suggested to patients with BMI over 35. The procedure causes rapid weight loss immediately after the surgery with a significant reduction in a year or two. It also resolves almost all comorbidities associated with the condition.
- LAP-BAND Surgery: The Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band, or LAP-BAND, is apt for patients with a BMI of a minimum of 35. FDA approves of this bariatric procedure with patients having a higher BMI and related comorbidities.
- Gastric Bypass Surgery: Gastric Bypass promotes rapid loss of weight by altering how the small intestine and stomach digest food.
- Obalon Balloon System: It facilitates weight loss and takes up space in the stomach. As a result, you eat less and lose weight faster. The process supports patients to change their eating habits and ensure that weight stays off for the long term.
- Pediatric Weight Loss Surgery: This Dallas Bariatric Center excels in pediatric weight loss surgery. Pediatric obesity is a complicated condition, which increases the risks of children becoming overweight or even obese. Children may even develop other complications like diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and liver disease. The Dallas Bariatric Center works with families to help children combat obesity.
Trust facts. Choose Dallas Bariatric Center.
Denver Bariatrics offers price transparency to offer the price for the gastric sleeve at $2,456, and the gastric bypass at $3,229.20. If you want to learn more about their price click here. Upon reading further this look.
10400 North Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75231