If you are tired of dieting but still not losing weight, it’s time to consider a safe, effective, and healthy way to bring the scales down. Bariatric surgery is one of the only ways to help you lose weight and maintain it with some effort. To reclaim life and get back on track, Bariatric and Metabolic Center of Colorado is a trusted name in Denver.
Bariatric surgery can also reverse type II diabetes, which is a plus. It can reverse many other health conditions with gradual and progressive weight loss so that patients can embrace their lives once more.
The Bariatric and Metabolic Center of Colorado, also called BMCC, is an ASMBS certified complete MBSAQIP center for weight loss in Colorado. The center serves patients in the Denver metro region, including Centennial, Parker, Englewood, Arvada, Aurora, and Golden; and the entire Colorado.
The leading bariatric surgeon at the Bariatric and Metabolic Center of Colorado, Dr. Joshua Long takes pride in delivering excellent results.
About Dr. Joshua Long
Dr. Joshua Long, MD, MBA, FACS, FASMBS, is a nationally recognized and double-board-certified bariatric surgeon in Denver. He uses a uniquely designed partnership care module with all his patients to provide a tailor-made treatment plan for individual needs.
Dr. Joshua Long received his medical education at UT Southwestern, Dallas, TX. He completed surgical fellowship and residency training at the University of Alabama, Birmingham. When he was doing this course, he also helped develop robotic and laparoscopic surgical techniques.
As Dr. Long meets every patient when they need him the most, he has also achieved double-board certification in advanced Bariatric Medicine from the American Board of Obesity Medicine, or ABOM. In his career, he only focused on lifestyle transformation practices, combined with advanced surgical techniques, to aid patients coping with obesity. His treatment focuses on exercise, diet, and nutrition, besides surgery, which helped hundreds of obese patients maintain their results.
Dr. Long was the medical director at the Parker Adventist Hospital. During his tenure, he designed the IRB protocol to provide SADI-S loop duodenal switch. He co-authored the National Obesity Algorithm. Being a perfectionist, he ensures that even the smallest detail of the treatment is maintained. This ensures a lower complication rate.
Dr. Long has a compassionate and warm personality, which makes him extremely popular amongst his patients. He is one of the top-rated bariatric surgeons in his field, who has performed more than 1000 successful bariatric surgeries. His peers complement his technical skills while seniors praise the lowest rate of complications in Colorado.
Patients undergoing weight loss surgery can lose up to 200 pounds and still maintain good health and activity with fewer medications. Your options at the Bariatric and Metabolic Center of Colorado are:
- Gastric Bypass: A gold standard surgery for weight loss, the gastric bypass, or roux-end-y shrinks the stomach to bypass some of the small intestines and reduce caloric absorption. Patients generally lose 65 90 percent of excess fat from the body.
- Gastric Sleeve: In this surgery, the surgeon changes the shape and size of the stomach to limit the quantity of food eaten in a meal. Most patients lose 60 to 80 percent of excess body fat with this surgery.
- Duodenal Switch: SADI-S, or loop duodenal switch, or SIPS, removes a major part of the stomach to bypass some part of the small intestine so that the body absorbs fewer calories. Generally, patients lose 80 to 100 percent of excess body fat with this surgery.
- Robotic Bariatric Surgery: Long is trained in advanced robotic, laparoscopic, and endoscopic bariatric surgery. He ensures patients have a safe and effective recovery with long-term results for weight loss.
- Revisional Bariatric Surgery: A revisional surgery is needed when a patient does not lose the desired weight or in case of LAP-BAND surgery gone wrong. Discuss your best revision options with Dr. Long.
- LAP-BAND Surgery: Although LAP-BAND surgery is no longer suggested owing to long-term safety concerns, you can still contact BMCC for more details.
Overall, the Bariatric and Metabolic Center of Colorado is one of the most trusted and award-winning centers for bariatric surgery. Surgeries are conducted at the Parker Adventist Hospital. The bariatric center received some of the highest designations as the most comprehensive Center of Excellence. Integrated programs and consistent rates of weight loss surgeries with the lowest complication rates are some of the shining stars of this successful facility.
Bariatric & Metabolic Center of Colorado offers price transparency to offer the price for the gastric sleeve at $2,456, and the gastric bypass at $3,229.20. If you want to learn more about their price click here. Upon reading further this look.
9800 Mount Pyramid Ct
Lone Tree, CO 80112